What Foods to Avoid for Patients Who Have Lupus nephritisThis article was provided by doctor zhengfalei 2014-02-09 03:00
Lupus nephritis is a kind of kidney damage which is caused by Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE). And patients with lupus nephritis may have the symptoms of blood urine, proteinuria and kidney dysfunction, and daily diet plat an important role in protecting the kidney function. So lupus patients should pay attention to what they eat and what they cant eat, then what foods to avoid for patients who have lupus nephritis?
- Alfalfa seeds and sprouts should be avoided in lupus nephritis patients’ daily life, because these foods contain an amino acid called L-canavanine, which will aggravate the symptoms of lupus.
- Animal meats, dairy, eggs, nori seaweed and peanuts should also be avoided, because they are high in arachidonic acid, and it will be destructive to the body.
- Beans and mushrooms contain amines and hydrazine, which can increase the symptoms of lupus symptoms. Therefore, though they have good tasty, lupus nephritis patients should also avoid to eat them.
- Cured meats like hot dogs are also bad for lupus nephritis patients, because it have been proved that the components in cured meats will trigger lupus symptoms.
- Eggplant, peppers, tomatoes and white potatoes contain solanine, which can trigger inflammation and pain for lupus nephritis patients. So they should also avoid eating these foods.
- Patients should also keep a fat reduction, which can help reduce the 25% aches and pains for lupus patients.
- Herbs such as andrographis, echinacea, eleutherococcus, garlic, ginseng and panax should be taken with the advices of their doctors, because these herbs mentioned will increase autoimmunity, which will increase the progression of lupus nephritis.
Above are the common foods that lupus nephritis patients should be avoided in their daily life, which can help them relieve their kidney burden and prevent the aggravation of lupus symptoms. If you want to get more diet information about lupus nephritis, you can leave a message below, we will give you answer as soon as possible.
- Tag: Lupus Nephritis Diet
- Pre: Is High Protein Intake Bad for Lupus Nephritis Patients
- Next: None